Our houses max out at about 34’ wide by 100’ long. With jogs or prow fronts it is possible to go wider. The larger the house the more careful we need to be to make sure it can get to your site.
Detailed specifications on individual aspects of the houses are outlined below.
- Engineered 11 7/8” full length I Joist Floor System
- End Blocking as required
- 3/4” T&G fir Plywood Subfloor, glued and nailed
- 1/4" Plywood Underlay in Vinyl Areas
- Exterior Walls 2” x 6” at 16” o.c.
- Interior Walls 2” x 4” 16” o.c.
- Lintels on Structural Walls designed to meet code
- 3/8” Plywood Sheeting on Exterior Walls
- Weather Barrier House wrap
- Engineered Roof Trusses at 24” o.c.
- 1/2" Plywood Roof Sheathing
- Ice and Water Shield on all Valleys
- Lifetime Fiberglass Laminated Shingles
- Roof Vents
- Insulation Stops in eaves
Windows & Doors
- Prefinished insulated doors with vinyl wrapped frames
- Variety of door glass inserts available
- PVC triple pane windows with low E with Argon
Insulation & Vapour Barrier
- R20 Fibreglass
- R50 Blow-in Attic Insulation
- Acoustical Sealant for vapour barrier
- 6-mill poly on exterior Walls and Ceiling
- 1" Styrofoam with R5 rating
- 1/2" Ceiling Drywall on House Ceilings & Walls
- Taped, Sanded, and Sealed to a Smooth or Textured Finish
- Round Corner bead
- Primer on Walls and Ceilings
- Two finish coats of high quality latex paint
- Two Colours of Paint included
- One Piece Acrylic Tub & Shower
- 8" Double Bowl Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink (Lifetime Warranty)
- White Basins in Vanities
- Delta Chrome Faucets
- American Standard Toilets
- Fresh Water Lines stubbed into Floor Joists
- Smoke Detectors as per Code
- Door Chime
- 1 Exterior Soffit Plug
- 3 Exterior Plugs
- All Electrical as per Standard Code
- TV and Phone Conduits stubbed into Floor Joists
- Canarm Light Fixtures
- James Hardi Cement board Siding
- Prefinished Aluminum Soffit & Fascia
- Hollow core Oak or Colonist Interior Doors
- 2 1/8" Oak or MDF Baseboard and Casing
- All Woodwork Painted or Stained and Lacquered
- Melamine Shelving in Closets & Storage Areas
- Schlage Doorknobs
Cabinets & Vanities
- Custom-built Cabinets
- Underwrap Kitchen Countertops
- Choice of Decorative Hardware
- Complete Insurance Coverage on Home while in Construction Stage
- Complete Insurance on Home while in moving process
- After House is set onto foundation, Penner Builders will fix drywall cracks that may have happened and make sure doors and windows are adjusted
- Penner Builders Warranty 1 Year on workmanship
- Manitoba New Home Warranty
- 10 Year Structural Warranty
- Each Component comes with Manufacturers Warranty
Specifications are Subject to Change without Notice
Penner Builders - 23/06/2016
Our New Home shows it in the quality that you all care about your customers. We have had so many compliments on our new Home, we really enjoy it.Ken & Vickie Severinson
We are enjoying our Home very much and have received great compliments on your work.Allan & Joan Whyte
We are thrilled with our new Home, it’s a dream come true. Everything we ever thought about in a New Home became reality and we love it. We are so happy with Penner builders and the fine quality of workmanship.Chuck & Karin Erickson
Our House was beyond our expectations and we are so incredibly happy with it! Penner builders will always come highly recommended from us!Kyle & Jena Ratz
We love it! It’s such a lovely place to wake up each day! As you can imagine, it is a dream come true for our family!Cindie S. Fugere
I wanted to tell you once again how very happy we are that we had you build our beautiful Home. We never tire of the compliments we receive from family and friend’s every time they come here and thought you should know that because you and your company deserve to know how highly you are thought of by all that see your work!Darin & Jerali Miller
We cannot believe how well our House is built. It was put to the test the beginning of February when we had a snow storm with high winds. The House did not leak any air and when our electricity went out the House held its heat very well.Meryl & Stacy McGee
We were incredibly impressed with you and your company’s professionalism, customer service and product quality. We have heard nothing but positives from people who have worked with you and have Penner Homes and we will continue to recommend Penner builders in the future.Pete & Vawnita Best
We were very happy with their expertise & friendly advice in making our choices. They were available to us at all times throughout the project. Penner Builders have a great product and are highly recommended.Gary & Lorraine Lippens
We got our first house from Penner Builders in Oct 2001. We were happy with that house. The quality and layout were what we wanted. Later we added on and went back to John for plans to add on.
In 2013 we started looking for a house again and we went right back to where we had a good experience the first time. Our new house was delivered in Sept of 2015.
Some of the things we were really happy with:
- My ideas were brought to reality, I have lots of ideas and John worked with us and helped get them onto the plan, then his workers did great work in getting it into reality.
- The attention to detail and quality of work. We asked for a custom stain color and they mixed and tried until it was a good match to the floor. Lovely color!!
- The crew was patient with us, it’s a big project and nice to know you have someone who cares to guide you through.
- We were able to make friends with the crew, and they cared.
When we walk in we still say “Wow!” “Breathtaking!” “Beautiful!” If we ever have to build another house we know where we are going.Rich & Kerry Lervick
The step was fixed and once again I want to pass on what nice people you have working there. They are always very polite, considerate and professional. We appreciate the quick response.Stacey Wakewich
If we built another one we would use you guys for sure! Hands down you are a great company.